Thursday, March 12, 2015

C4T #2

C4T #2


EDUCATOR
BLOG TITLE
WEB ADRESS
Jennifer Brokofsy
Building A Culture of Wonder: Inquiry in Primary Education
http://jenniferbrokofsky.wordpress.com

Teachers Blog Post Summary:
            I was assigned Ms. Jennifer Brokofsky’s blog. The title of her blog is “Building a Culture of Wonder: Inquiry in Primary Education”. The blog post I commented on was titled “It’s Been Awhile… Lessons Learned as a New Administrator”. Ms. Jennifer Brokofsky posted this particular entry on 23/03/2014. The main topic of this post is thing things she has learned during her first time as an administrator. She was previously a second grade teacher and is now a vice principal. In her introductory paragraph she talks about all of the excuses she could have made for herself or example, the fact that she was finishing her master’s degree during this process or that she has been very busy with her family but she chooses not to. She explains that she is a finally back to blogging after quit a long break because she honestly couldn’t get all of her thoughts together. But, now that she has organized her thoughts she wanted to start blogging again. She goes on to talk about all of the things she has been going through like, having too often change her plans for the benefit of her students. She talks about many things and comes to the overall conclusion that she is now and forever going to be driven by her students instead of the other way around. Now, that she is the VP instead of just a small group of children in her classroom “being her kids” she now has 153 children to look after. What I loved about her post the most was one thing that she has in bold. Ms. Jennifer Brokofsky the VP wrote. “I don’t always know what to do (and am now not afraid to admit it).” –http://jenniferbrokofsky.wordpress.com The reason I love this particular comment is because as a future educator I know that I will not always know what to do in every situation (especially at the beginning) and for a VP to share this was completely refreshing.

My Comment:

Hello Ms. Brokosfky
My name is Shelby Jemison and I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. One of my favorite comments you have made in your post above is that you do not always know exactly what to do and that you are not afraid to admit it.  As a future educator I know that especially my first year of teaching I will often find myself unsure of what to do. After reading your post it has honestly made me realize that I won’t be able to jump in and know everything. You have truly inspired me and I hope that I have a VP and wonderful as you! Your post is truly a breath of fresh air!

Thank You

Shelby J. 


No comments:

Post a Comment