Sunday, March 29, 2015

Blog Post #10

What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy?

            What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy? As educators we know that everyday bring something new that we can learn from. One of the most wonderful resources teachers have is available almost all of the time are their fellow teachers. Mrs. Cassidy is a first grade teacher. After watching First Graders in Mrs. Cassidy’s Class- “Little Kids Big Potential”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvPZtTej0jQ&feature=player_embedded) I have observed just how easy it can be to put technology to use in the classroom each and every day. In her class she used a number of different things. For example her first grade students use Skype. Skype is something that I am not very familiar with but I have used once.  It is truly amazing that first grades use these types of thing that I, as an adult can barley use myself.  After watching the entire video and thinking back to all of the things I observed I feel that EDM 310 is truly a blessing. Mrs. Cassidy uses a lot of things that we use in EDM right now. They use blogs and video programs plus many other forms of technology. These first graders and Mrs. Cassidy has truly amazed me!

                   
                                                        



                 

After watching and exploring all of the clips “Interview with Kathy Cassidy” I have learned so many wonderful things. She shares so many techniques on how to incorporate technology efficiently in the classroom. One that stood out to me was Student Blogs. I believe that this one in particular is my favorite. The reason that I feel this way towards student blogs may be because of EDM 310.  This technique is something that I have learned how to do hands on as a student each and every week. So I feel that learning more about it from Mrs. Cassidy’s videos just opened my eyes to the wonderful benefits student blogs have.  One of the most wonderful things about it is the way it provides a creative outlet for students to express themselves.  Writing is such a great thing for student and can be so beneficial to their school experience. Another wonderful thing I learned about student blogs is that is helps the teacher learn about each individual student. This is one of my favorite things about blogs.  It can be somewhat challenging to teachers to learn and get to know each student past just their name, family, academic ability and, general interest. But as teachers getting to know each and everyone of your students is one of the most special and important things. So student blogs are a perfect thing for both teachers and students.


2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I agree that using student blogs in the classroom would be a good way to start. As a physical education major it is one way I could easily incorporate technology in the classroom. And it is amazing how these students can manipulate technology better than most college students !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. Use HTML codes when inserting links and pictures.

    ReplyDelete