Wednesday, April 8, 2015

C4T Summary

C4T Summary

Jenny Luca
Lucacept Intercepting the Web
http://jennylu.wordpress.com/

Blog Post Title: Why I’m not suffering from “Technostress”

Blog Post Summary:
            Jenny Luca’s Blog post “Why I’m not suffering from Technostress” begins by explaining what exactly technostress is. Technostress is stress caused by working with computer technology on a daily bases. She talks about using different types of technology in her classroom like Apple TV. But, the main thing that was in this post was a youtube clip called “Tree Change Dolls”. This video is about a woman who takes used dolls and gives them a more natural look by stripping them of elaborate makeup and hair. This is a wonderful video with a powerful message.

My Comment:
My name is Shelby Jemison and I am a elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I am currently taking a class called EDM 310. This course is to teach future teachers how to incorporate technology into the classroom. One of our assignments is to explore professional educator’s blogs. Automatically just by reading the title of this particular post It grabbed my attention. I have honestly never heard of the term “Technostress” . But I can see how someone could possibly feel this way. As I was reading your post I came to the video. I literally had to stop and look twice. Just by glancing at the paused clip I knew exactly what it was. Yesterday I had just come across this exact video on Facebook and it blew me away! I also posted this video, because of the way it truly opened my eyes and gave me such joy! I love everything about what this amazing family (mostly the mother) is doing with these dolls! I just thought it was crazy that we both posted about this specific video! I loved getting to read and explore your blog!
Thank You
Shelby J.
 :)

Jenny Luca
Lucacept Intercepting the Web
http://jennylu.wordpress.com/

Blog Post Title: “Google Apps for Education Canberra Summit 2015”

Blog Post Summary:
            This post by Jenny Luca is all about her recent visit to a weekend conference. Jenny Luca got the opportunity to go to Canberra Summit. This was a conference based on Google apps for education. She explains to us about Canberra and the ways she takes notes during conferences. Jenny tweets all weekend using twitter as a way to document what she learns so not only is she taking notes for herself but also sharing them with educators that follow her on twitter so they can benefit from her notes too. She also shares a clip that goes over some of the information she learned at the Google Apps for Education conference.


My Comment:

Ms. Jenny Luca
            Hello my name is Shelby Jemison and I am a student in the elementary education program at the University of South Alabama. I am currently taking a class called EDM 310. This course is to teach us as future educators how to incorporate technology in the classroom. Your blog is filled with wonderful resources for exactly that. I loved reading about your recent conference. The fact that it was an entire conference based on google for the classroom sounds so amazing. I would love to one day get the opportunity to go to a conference like that. Another thing I loved was the fact that you tweet throughout the entire weekend and use the tweets as your notes. That is such a wonderful idea because not only are you taking notes to remember and document things you are learning but you are sharing it with the world (especially other teachers) That is fabulous and I definitely plan on following you on twitter!

Thank You

Shelby Jemison


No comments:

Post a Comment