Saturday, January 17, 2015

Practice Blog

I.               About Me
A.     General
1.     Name Shelby Jemison
2.     Age 21, Born 07/29/93
3.     Family: mother, father, younger brother
4.     Live in Baldwin county my entire life besides living in Troy Alabama for two years
5.     3 dogs: Sophie, Bentley, and Sadie
6.     Work at the Bounds Family YMCA in the youth development department
B.     Personal Information
1.     Recently engaged
2.     I love Jesus
C.     Major Interest
1.     Animals
2.     Organization
3.     Shopping
4.     Art
D.    Other Interesting Things  
1.     I am obsessed with school supplies
2.     I am extremely anxious and OCD
3.     I could not live with out my Bible and my Agenda
4.     I try my best to put 110% of my effort into everything I do
5.     I am a bit of a hypochondriac
6.     I love children
7.     I want to be a teacher

II.             Education
A.     University of South Alabama
1.     I attended Troy university for 2 years
2.     This is my third semester at USA
3.     I am an elementary education major
B.     Why Education
1.     Teaching is my passion
2.     Children at truly amazing
3.     I couldn’t picture my self doing anything else
C.     What I am good at
1.     Time management
2.     Organization
3.     Being positive
D.    What I want to get better at
1.     Dealing with stress
2.     Working with technology
3.     Teaching


My name is Shelby Jemison. I am 21 years old and I was born in Fairhope Alabama on July 29th 1993.  I have two of the greatest parents in the world and a 16-year-old brother. I have lived in Baldwin County for almost my entire life. I have three precious puppies named Sophie, Bentley, and Sadie. I just recently got engaged this Christmas on December 20th 2014 at Bellingrath Gardens. I love Jesus more than anything he is the reason for it all. Some of my interests include shopping and art. I also have a major interest in animals. I love all types of animals ranging from puppies to reptiles like the Chinese water dragon. Another one of my major interest is organization. Organizing is something that I enjoy doing and also something that I probable could not live without. I am basically obsessed with school supplies. I collect supplies like pens, pencils, markers, crayons, notebooks, folders, and binders. I am an extremely anxious person and also a tad bit OCD. Plus I might be a bit of a hypochondriac. The two things I could not function without are my Bible and my agenda. I try my best to put 110% of my effort into every single thing that I do. In addition to all of the above I love children.


I began my secondary education journey at Troy University. I went to college at Troy for two years. I then transferred to the University of South Alabama and this is my third semester as a jaguar. I am an elementary education major and I love every single thing about it. I feel that teaching is Gods plan for me. Teaching is my passion. There is no greater feeling than to watch children grow and learn. Generally an educator’s work entails creating lesson plans, teaching children, organizing, and recording.  But with each class I have taken in the education program here at USA I have learned that being an educator is so much more than lesson plans and records. Being a teacher is an extremely huge responsibility. You are responsible for helping children become confident and responsible. You are there to help guide student and help them learn to make good decision. The children you teach are the future. I could not picture myself doing anything else but teaching. I hope that I will be blessed with the job that gives me the opportunity to make a difference in children’s life each and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment