Sunday, February 1, 2015

Blog Post 3

            After watching “What is Peer Editing?” and looking at the slide show “Peer Edit with Perfection”, I feel that I have learned many things from both of these things. The main idea was to explain what exactly peer editing is and how to do this correctly. One of the main things that’s stressed is the idea to always be positive while editing a peers work. I believe this is one of the most important thing you need to do while editing almost anything. They also talked about a few rules. They stated that one should follow three main rules and the rules are to first give a compliment to the work then you should make suggestions and lastly give your corrections. This is something I have taken note of and plan to use in the future.
            The last video that I viewed was my favorite! The video is called “Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes”. I loved that they incorporated children in this clip to teach us how to correctly peer edit. This video teaches us about the steps of peer editing but goes deeper to tell us how not to be too picky and nag over the little things. I thought this was such a perfect concept and it definitely correlates great with the precious video and slide show because it helps you remember to be positive while editing!   



2 comments:

  1. Shelby, after watching the video I learned a lot about peer editing also. I like that the videos went over the rules in peer editing. The video with the kids in it was my favorite too. Very good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to include links using HTML codes in each blog post.

    ReplyDelete